This Saturday night September 19, it's time again for the September tradition known simply as 'The Night of Thrills!' This year's installment of 'Night of Thrills' features an impressive lineup of attractions and excitement! Headlining this year's event are TWO Monster Trucks, local favorite Mechanical Mischief and the reckless reptile known as 'Tail Gator!' Along with the high-flying, car-crushing antics of the Monster Trucks, fans will marvel at the power and spectacle that is Doug Rose and his Green Mamba Jet Car! The evening also includes the much-anticipated return of Figure 8 School Bus Racing, along with Rockford Ice Hogs 'Auto Hockey,' Skid Cars, Gauntlet, Vertical Mischief Street Bike Team, MacCloskey Kesler and Associates 'One-on-One Spectacular Drags', Tough Truck Tug-of-War, amazing stunts by man and machine and the championship Hornet feature! Make sure to get to Rockford Speedway early Saturday evening to be part in the 'Night of Thrills Pre Party,' held on the infield. Starting at 5:15 PM, fans will be able to meet the stars of the show, get up close and personal with the Monster Trucks, Jet Car, School Buses and Street Bikes. Gates open for 'The Night of Thrills' at 5 PM, with the thrills beginning at 7:07 PM. Bring your friends, your neighbors and your neighbors friends to Rockford Speedway this Saturday night!
• Advance tickets are available NOW for Saturday's 'Night of Thrills! Ticket pricing for Saturday evening's show is as follows...
• Preferred Seating (Sections D, E & F)- $24 adults, $12 children
• Reserved Seating (Sections A, B, C, G, H & J)- $18 adults, $9 children
• General Admission (Backstretch Bleacher Seating)- $15 adults, $5 children
(NOTE: For this event, all admitted must purchase a ticket. Adults are ages 12 and over, children are ages 11 and under)
Tickets are available online at rockfordspeedway.tix.com, by phone at 815-633-1500 or in person at the Rockford Speedway Main Offices during regular Business Hours Thursday and Friday. There WILL be tickets available at the Rockford Speedway Ticket Windows beginning Saturday afternoon up until showtime. Online ticket sales close Saturday morning, while phone sales will cease Saturday early afternoon.
The 50th Anniversary National Short Track Championships are Just Around the Corner
We are two weeks away from the beginning of the 50th Anniversary National Short Track Championships (NSTC) at Rockford Speedway! You only turn 50 once, and with that in mind, this year's NSTC looks to be one to remember! It all begins with Open Practice on Thursday October 1 from 5:30-9 PM and continues with "Opening Night' Friday October 2. This year, the Great Northern Sportsman Series headlines 'Opening Night' with a 50 lap feature event! Joining the Sportsman on Friday are the American Short Trackers, Roadrunners, Hornet/Bandit Challenge and the 2nd ever Women's Championship. Racing begins Friday night at 7:07 PM. 'Short Track Saturday Night' on October 3 is one of the most popular nights of short track racing in the region each year and this season features the Big 8 Late Model Series as headliner, contesting a grueling 108 lap main event. The Quest Industrial Mid American Stock Car Series and Illini Racing Series Midgets also join the party on 'Short Track Saturday Night', with both series running 50 lap main events. Plus, the Super Late Models take to the track Saturday night, running preliminary events. 'Short Track Saturday Night' kicks off at 5:05 PM. Then, October 4, it's 'Championship Sunday,' featuring the 200 lap 'National Short Track Championship' Super Late Model race, which this year pays $6000 to the winner and $600 to start and $4000 in lap sponsors, meaning one driver could win $10,000! The lightning-fast Must See Racing Sprint Cars return to NSTC again this season and the American Ethanol Super Trucks make their NSTC debut on 'Championship Sunday', along with a Super Cup Exhibition Race. Sunday's show begins at 12:30 pm. Tickets are available NOW...online, by phone or in person at the Rockford Speedway Offices. Overnight Parking for Campers opens Wednesday September 30 at 5 PM. Don't miss the 50th installment of 'One Great Racing Weekend' October 2-4!
• Sat Sept 19 7:07 pm- Night of Thrills featuring Mechanical Mischief & Tail Gator Monster Trucks, Green Mamba Jet Car and MORE!
• Fri Oct 2 7:07 pm- 50th NSTC 'Opening Night' featuring GNSS 50 lapper, plus AST, RR, Hornet/Bandit Challenge & Women's Championship
• Sat Oct 3 5:05 pm- 50th NSTC 'Short Track Saturday Night' featuring Big 8 108 lapper, plus Mid-Am, Midgets and Super Late Prelims
• Sun Oct 4 12:30 pm- 50th NSTC 'Championship Sunday' featuring the 200 lap National Short Track Championship plus Sprints, Trucks and Super Cups
• Sat Oct 17 6 pm- 24th Bahama Bracket Nationals Day One
• Sun Oct 18 12 pm- 24th Bahama Bracket Nationals Day Two
• Sun Oct 25 1 pm- Goblin 250 Enduro, Demo Derby, Costume Contest and Candy Scramble