LOS ANGELES, CA - On Saturday, April 11th at 6:00pm PDT, NASCAR driver development programs High Point Racing & BMR Racing will host a 20-lap celebrity race--in actual stock cars--immediately preceding the King Taco Catering/Napa Auto Parts 150 (Irwindale Speedway, Irwindale,Calif.), in partnership with nonprofit A Walk On Water. Celebrity partners will raffle and auction off signeditems post-race, as well as spread the word on social media to spur ticket sales. A portion of proceeds from the event will benefit A Walk On Water (AWOW), which provides surf therapy to children with special needs and their siblings.
* The Grand Marshall of the race will be respected actor, AWOW Board Member, and Surf Therapy Instructor Scott Caan (Hawaii Five-0, Entourage, Oceans Eleven)
Confirmed celebrity drivers include:
* Brian Van Holt (Actor: Cougar Town, Black Hawk Down, House of Wax)
* Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Actor: NYPD Blue, Raising the Bar, Saved by the Bell)
* Dustin Penner (2X Stanley Cup winning professional hockey player: LA Kings/Anaheim Ducks)
* Alex Gray (Professional Surfer, Big Wave Charger)
* Emilio Rivera (Actor: Renegade, Con Air, Sons of Anarchy)
* Rusty Coones (Actor: Sons of Anarchy, Owner: Illusion Motorsports, Lead Guitar: Attika7)
* William Fichtner (Actor: Black Hawk Down, Invasion, Prison Break)
* Diedrich Bader (Actor: Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite, The Drew Carey Show)
* Rob Morrow (Actor: The Emperor's Club, Northern Exposure, Numb3rs)
* A.J. Buckley (Actor: CSI:NY, Justified)
* Skeet Ulrich (Actor: Jericho, Scream, The Craft)
* Mark Kriski (8-time Emmy winning Newscaster: KTLA Morning News)
* Swampy Marsh (Director, Writer, Producer: King of the Hill, Phineas & Ferb, The Simpsons)
The annual celebrity auto race at Irwindale Speedway has raised a significant amount of money for charitable causes over the years, helping area youths through selected nonprofits.
"We feel very fortunate to be able to give back to our local community through events like the celebrity race before the King Taco Catering/Napa Auto Parts 150", says Tim Huddleston, Director of High Point Racing, "A Walk On Water provides a valuable service to southern California families of special needs children, and we're honored to play a small part in financing their surf therapy events for the summer 2015 schedule."
All the drivers are taking this race quite seriously, attending multiple training sessions and safety suit fittings before squeezing behind the wheel of a high-powered race car capable of exceeding 140mph. After the race, the celebrity drivers will make themselves available to the general public in attendance for autographs before auctioning and raffling off signed memorabilia to raise money for AWOW. #Racing4AWOW
About A Walk On Water: A WALK ON WATER is a family of watermen sharing the therapeutic powers of the ocean with those in need. AWOW's primary goal is providing relief to families of children with special needs through "surf therapy" (water therapy through guided surf instruction). Surfing is used as a tool to build self-confidence and provides therapy via repetitive wave motion. Children experience the true "stoke" of surfing and a sense of accomplishment as family and friends cheer them on from the beach. Brothers, sisters (and even parents!) participate together, helping to solidify a sometimes strained bond between siblings. AWOW surf events focus on both the athletes and their families, who are treated to a well-deserved day of relaxation, healthy meals and support. AWalkOnWater.org
About High Point Racing: High Point Racing is a multi-level driver development program. For 20 years they have developed drivers in the Bandolero, Legend, S2, and Late Model divisions. High Point Racing has something to offer for all levels
of experience. They strive to advance their drivers in their careers and do everything they can to encourage and work with them as they progress through the ranks. highpointracing.com
About BMR Racing: Bill McAnally Racing (BMR) was founded in 1986 and is owned by former NASCAR K & N Pro Series West driver, Bill McAnally, with one vision; winning races and championships. BMR is dedicated to finding talented people and placing them to make the racing machine roll. BMR serves as a marketing tool for their race partners to increase sales and brand recognition.bmrnapa.com
Discounted Advance Purchase tickets are available at: