Top 15 Can't-Miss Attractions at This Weekend's Atlanta Motorama
HAMPTON, GA - One of the largest automotive festivals of its kind in the Southeast, the Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama presented by RacingJunk.com, returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway this Saturday and Sunday with acres upon acres of motor-centric events and attractions for auto enthusiasts of all ages. With so much going on and just two days to take it all in, AMS has compiled its top-15 can’t miss attractions for fans attending this weekend’s show.
15. BIGFOOT®: Returning for its fourth straight year, fan-favorite BIGFOOT® monster trucks will be back with twice-per-day car-crushing exhibitions in the Extreme Motorsports area, along with the famous No. 5 truck and its gigantic 10-foot tires.
14. Atlanta Barbeque Classic presented by Shane’s Rib Shack: All-new in 2017, the first-ever Atlanta Barbeque Classic will add some extra flavor to the massive automotive show with a barbeque-cooking contest heralding some of the best cooks in the South. Show attendees can taste five one-ounce samples for just $5, with all revenue going to Speedway Children’s Charities to help children in need in the local area.
13. Vintage Trailers: Throwing it back to the good old days of over-the-road camping, dozens of vintage trailers produced no later than 1989 will summon fond memories of past road trips in the camper.
12. Smokey and the Bandit Vehicles: For movie buffs, this is a rare opportunity to see identical tribute vehicles from the 1977 cult classic “Smokey and the Bandit,” as the film celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. See Bandit’s Trans-Am, Snowman’s big rig and Smokey’s patrol car.
11. Million Dollar Salon: With a name like Million Dollar Salon, fans won’t want to miss the extremely rare and valuable museum-quality vehicles built well over a century ago.
10. Zac Brown Band’s “Cookie” Truck and Dodge Hellcat: Zac Brown Band’s 53-foot custom Featherlite mobile kitchen, roving concert venue and tailgate headquarters, “Cookie,” will be serving up some of its delicious grub that fans will not want to miss. Plus, check out Zac Brown’s custom Dodge Hellcat that features over 500 hours of custom, hand-airbrushed detail work.
9. Hot Rodders of Tomorrow Competitions: More than 20 high school teams from across the Southeast will tear apart a full-sized car engine and put it back together in a matter of minutes, as they compete against the clock for the top time and a spot in the dual national finals later this fall.
8. Pull-A-Part Swap Meet: Show attendees seeking a part or accessories for their current vehicle project or those who just enjoy browsing the countless booths full of auto-themed trinkets will find everything they'd ever needed and more at the sprawling Pull-A-Part Swap Meet located adjacent to the Extreme Motorsports area.
7. Scooby-Doo and Shaggy: Everybody’s favorite cartoon sleuthing pooch and his trusty side-kick will be on hand to meet and take photos with fans of all ages.
6. Show Car Garage: One of the show's main attractions, the Motorama Show Car Garage features two dozen nationally acclaimed award-winning vehicles from all decades going all the way back to the 1930s.
5. Collector Car Auction: Visitors in the market for a classic or custom car to call their own can visit the on-site Collector Car Auction powered by BidderOne.com, located on the grandstand concourse. Bidding cards can be secured each day from the auction tent.
4. Team FMX Freestyle Motocross: Team FMX’s incredible aerial motocross stunts will wow onlookers twice each day of the show in the Extreme Motorsports area, next to the BIGFOOT® car-crushing zone.
3. Go-Karting: If the electric automotive atmosphere at the Atlanta Motorama inspires fans to get behind the wheel and race, they’re in luck. No Limits Karting provides a family-fun opportunity to satisfy the need for speed with races $10 per person.
2. Vendor Midway: Nearly every major automotive brand will be represented at the gigantic vendor midway, where custom and professional parts and services will be available to visitors.
1. Nostalgic Dragsters: Motorama attendees will be taken back in time with an amazing display of 15 of some of the most iconic vehicles in drag racing history, including Team Aruba Racing’s pro stock Mustang and Richard Hartman’s Nostalgia Nitro funny car.
The 4th Annual Summit Racing Equipment Atlanta Motorama, Georgia’s gigantic motoring festival celebrating anything with an engine, returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway April 22-23, 2017. Spectator admission is just $12 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6 to 11 and free for children 5 and under.
For more information, visit www.atlantamotorama.com or contact the Atlanta Motor Speedway ticket office at (770) 946-4211 or (877) 9-AMS-TIX.